Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! This is a lower cal-fat alternative to bread pudding.
Make and share this Yummy Low Cal-Low Fat Pineapple Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Coat a medium-size casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Place the bread cubes in the casserole dish and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the egg substitute, sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the pineapple and juice and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over the bread cubes in the casserole dish.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least two hours-- or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Uncover the casserole dish and pour the melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
We loved this recipe. I halved the ingredients (except the vanilla) and added a mix of 1 TBS. sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon to the top before baking. Served warm with vanilla ice cream, this is pure old-fashioned, nurturing soul food. I'll make it often. Thanks!
I loved it!! Was very quick and easy to make. I left mine in the fridge two hours and turned out perfect!!!! I preffered to eat it cold rather than warm.
This was pretty good. I did use fat free milk and omited the butter to make it even more healthy for my kids. Thanks.