Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite spicy-stick-to-your-ribs-cold winter day- kinda meal. A kick start to fighting winter blahs as well as germs (what with all the garlic ginger and spices)
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown lentils
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 celery, chopped
- 1 small sized carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander
- Put lentils and water into a small pot and bring to a boil. Allow to boil about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to a medium heat, add everything else (spices, garlic, ginger, paste) excpet the veggies.
- Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the veggies, and cook mixture for about 10 minutes more, or until lentils are done to your liking.
- This is a great left-overs dish and makes the house smell simply devine. Enjoy!
Mmm, this looks delicious, I just wonder if you forgot to include the ginger in the ingredients listing?