Recipe by Julie421511
I've been looking for more ways to eat lentils since they are cheap, healthy and totally fulfilling. I've been bringing this for lunch all week, it also make a great side dish. Enjoy
- 4 cups water (or broth)
- 1 lb dried lentils, sorted & rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and peel zested
- 4 slices turkey bacon, diced
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Hard-boil eggs and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add 4 cups of liquid and bring to a boil.
- Add lentils, garlic and salt and mix well.
- Bring to a simmer for 25 minutes. Drain lentils.
- Mix in oil, lemon and if necessary season with more salt and pepper.
- In a preheated pan, cook the turkey bacon over med-high heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Divide mixed greens into 4 servings and place 1/4 of the lentil mixture over each salad. Sprinkle with the turkey bacon and garnish with a hard boiled egg.