Baking Girl's Note:
Tangy Lemon Curd that is smooth and perfectly lemony. Make sure to use gelatin sheets and make sure to bloom for 20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bloom gelatin in ice water.
- 2Heat lemon juice, zest, and half of sugar.
- 3Mix together remaining sugar, eggs, and egg yolks.
- 4Temper in hot lemon juice into sugar and egg mixture.
- 5Place mixture back onto stove.
- 6Continue cooking, whisking continuously until the mixture reaches 195°F.
- 7Remove from heat; Add butter and bloomed gelatin leaves (make sure to squeeze excess water out of gelatin sheets before putting in).
- 8Strain through fine sieve into bowl.
- 9Cover directly with plastic wrap (to prevent skin) and chill.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Lemon Curd
Serving Size: 1 (1747 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1813.9
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 1117.9 mg
- Sodium 323.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 363.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 347.3 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: