Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tangy Lemon Curd that is smooth and perfectly lemony. Make sure to use gelatin sheets and make sure to bloom for 20 minutes.
- 1⁄2 ounce gelatin sheets
- 4 ounces ice water (used to bloom gelatin)
- 16 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces lemon zest
- 24 ounces sugar
- 12 ounces eggs
- 3 ounces egg yolks
- 1⁄2 ounce butter, Melted
- Bloom gelatin in ice water.
- Heat lemon juice, zest, and half of sugar.
- Mix together remaining sugar, eggs, and egg yolks.
- Temper in hot lemon juice into sugar and egg mixture.
- Place mixture back onto stove.
- Continue cooking, whisking continuously until the mixture reaches 195°F.
- Remove from heat; Add butter and bloomed gelatin leaves (make sure to squeeze excess water out of gelatin sheets before putting in).
- Strain through fine sieve into bowl.
- Cover directly with plastic wrap (to prevent skin) and chill.