Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make recipe with a yummy meat sauce!
Make and share this Yummy Lasagna Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for pan
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.
- In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and saute meat, onion, and garlic until meat is browned. Drain pan and add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, then mix in cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.
- Spread part of meat sauce in the bottom of the pan. Lay half the noodles in the bottom of the baking dish. Spread half the egg and cottage cheese mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle half the mozzarella and Cheddar evenly over the cottage cheese mixture. Then, pour half the meat sauce on top.
- Repeat layering in same order. Sprinkle remaining parmesan on top. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until sauce is bubbling around the edges.