Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This casserole is like lasagna without all the work. A very popular dish here! 10 minutes is for standing.
- 3 cups noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to pkg directions.
- Brown meat with onion until no longer pink.
- Add tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix, garlic powder, italian seasoning and salt.
- Drain noodles.
- In same pan, heat cream cheese with evaporated milk, stir until smooth; Return the noodles to pan and mix well.
- Pour noodle mixture into sprayed 9x9 in baking dish.
- Top with meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Let sit on rack 10 minutes before serving.
Made this for dinner, did end up adding just a little more evaporated milk once the noodles were in the dish, thought it looked like it needed it. This is an easy no brainer recipe. Liked it and sent the leftovers to work with my husband, who thought it tasted better the next day.
This wa very good and simple.Didn't have ant left. Thanks Inez, another easy recipe.