Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are wonderful tasting. We loved the taste the Kahlua and hint of lemon gave to these rich and filling pancakes. I tested these on all of my family and changed some things around according to their comments. The last were my DD and her BF and they gave them a thumbs up. This makes 12 6" pancakes. Made for RSC #10
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla yogurt, low fat (3 6 oz. containers)
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled, cored and shredded (I used Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- maple syrup
- Soak raisins in warm water for 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium bowel mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- In a large bowel, using an electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy.
- Add vanilla yogurt, butter and Kahlua and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to the yogurt mixture and beat on medium speed just until blended and smooth.
- Place shredded apples in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Drain raisins on paper towels.
- Fold raisins and apples into batter and combine well.
- If batter is too thick, add a little more yogurt or more Kahlua.
- Heat griddle to medium heat (about 350 – 400 F).
- Spoon batter, ½ cup at a time, onto hot griddle and spread out to approximately 6-7 Inch pancakes.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
- Flip and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with toasted pecans and maple syrup. (Some of only used powdered sugar).
Oh my gosh!!! what a treat! I made these last night for the last night of Hanukkah and they were so good! The batter was not thick at all when everything was combined, and the Kahlua added a certain amount of richness to the pancakes.
Enjoyed these pancakes so much, & even though I felt it necessary to leave out the Kahlua, except for that I followed the recipe! Did chop the toasted pecans before using them! ABSOLUTELY GREAT TASTING, & certainly a keeper! [Made & reviewed as a thanks to a chef-with-a-camera in Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]
We found these pancakes to be perfect in flavor and texture. They were a tad thick so I added some extra Kahlua and milk. PERFECT!!! The raisins, apples and pecans really puts this over the top. You don't want to miss these pancakes. Thanks for sharing, Nimz.