Recipe by LatinaAtHeart
Ok, so these sandwiches were the most delicious "cheap eat" I had (next to pistachio gelato) while I was in Italy. They are really easy to make and a nice change when you want a warm sandwich.
- 1 ciabatta roll (about 2 or 3 inches x4 inches)
- 2 tablespoons olive tapenade (I've used just kalamata or a mediterranean blend)
- 2 -4 slices prosciutto
- 2 slices provolone cheese (I also use Brie)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to Broil.
- Cut the roll in half and lay open faced on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the tapenade on one half and put the prosciutto on top.
- Lay the cheese on the other half.
- Put the open faced sandwich under the broiler until it's to your liking. (I like the cheese melty and/or the bread a little crunchy.).