Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love chicken drumsticks and the Island Drumsticks is a really great recipe that is loaded with flavor and they are really very quick to prepare....minus the marinade time. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine (Chablis, Chardonnay, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In medium sauce pan, add butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, wine and mustard.
- Heat until butter and sugar are melted.
- Put drumsticks into a plastic ziplock back.
- Pour the cooled butter/soy sauce mixture into the bag and marinate over night or at least for 3 hours.
- Make sure you flip the bag a couple of times while it is in the refrigerator marinating.
- When you are ready to cook, arrange the drumsticks in a 13x9 dish and pour the marinade over them.
- Bake at 375 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on the size of your drumsticks.
- I love serving these with egg noodles, but I am a pasta freak!
- They would probably be good served with mashed potatoes, or rice also.
I cut the marinade in 1/2 and used 6 drumsticks. What a fantastic flavour! We really really enjoyed this! I served it with mashed potatoes and green beans. Thanks for sharing!
wonderfully good! thanks for the great recipe!
I loved this recipe! I cut back some on the soy sauce and cut the brown sugar in half and added some fresh garlic.I marinated them all day and then put them in the oven when I got home from work---they were fantastic!Thanks for a great recipe.