Recipe by Denise in NH
I love chicken drumsticks and the Island Drumsticks is a really great recipe that is loaded with flavor and they are really very quick to prepare....minus the marinade time. Enjoy!
Top Review by soulmatesforever
I cut the marinade in 1/2 and used 6 drumsticks. What a fantastic flavour! We really really enjoyed this! I served it with mashed potatoes and green beans. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine (Chablis, Chardonnay, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium sauce pan, add butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, wine and mustard.
- Heat until butter and sugar are melted.
- Put drumsticks into a plastic ziplock back.
- Pour the cooled butter/soy sauce mixture into the bag and marinate over night or at least for 3 hours.
- Make sure you flip the bag a couple of times while it is in the refrigerator marinating.
- When you are ready to cook, arrange the drumsticks in a 13x9 dish and pour the marinade over them.
- Bake at 375 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on the size of your drumsticks.
- I love serving these with egg noodles, but I am a pasta freak!
- They would probably be good served with mashed potatoes, or rice also.