Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is my own invention of a combination of chai tea, and vanilla bean ice cream. Its super easy to make and is an awesome refreshing drink on a hot summer day.
- 2 (4 g) bags chai tea (I used lipton spiced chai tea)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups vanilla ice cream (Breyers is the best, and it comes in lactose free!)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- ice (optional)
- In your coffee pot place two chai tea bags in the portion where the coffee goes.
- Pour enough water in to make three servings of tea.
- You can also heat up the water in the microwave and steep the tea bags until you get the desired strength tea.
- Put Ice cream in blender.
- Pour chai tea over ice cream.
- Blend until smooth and cold.
- You may have to add some ice in order to make it good and cold.
- Serve in a nice glass and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
I would give this more than five stars if I could. It was bliss. Thank you.
Amazing stuff! I love chai, and this was perfect on a unseasonably hot day! I used homemade soy vanilla ice cream, added a bit of nutmeg and clove to the mix and sat down in the shade with this and a good book.