Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know there are a lot of hummus recipes out there! I can't say mine is the best since I have not tried them all. Everyone who tries it, begs for the recipe.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, garbanzo beans (save liquid)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more to taste
- pita chips
- Blend onion, garlic and salt in a blender or food processor till well blended.
- Then add chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, & grated lemon rind.
- At this point, the mixture will be very thick and hard to blend, you might need to help it along with the olive oil or chick pea liquid.
- Don't add too much liquid, this is a dip!
- Once completely blended make sure to taste it, last chance to add salt, etc if needed.
- Pour into a dip bowl, sprinkle with paprika (just for looks), drizzle some olive oil if you like.