Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of our favorite recipes. A friend gave me a hummus recipe a few years ago, but my husband has altered it so many times that this is the recent final product. Tastes so good with great flavor! Our favorite way to eat this hummus is on bread with sliced avocados and tomatoes on top. Also tastes great in a pita sandwich with avocados, tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts, cucumber, etc. You can use it as a salad dressing by doubling the water. I'm not crazy about it as a salad dressing, but others I know have enjoyed it.
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 59.16 ml lemon juice
- 5.52 ml salt
- 118.29 ml tahini
- 118.29 ml water or 118.29 ml bean liquid, from can
- 6.16 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml garlic granules or 4 garlic cloves
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 1 tomatoes (to garnish)
- 1 piece lettuce (to garnish) or 1 piece parsley (to garnish)
- 2.46 ml paprika or 2.46 ml mild chili powder
- Blend all ingredients on high until creamy.
- Garnish with sliced tomato and a piece of lettuce or parsley.
- *For a dressing, double the water.
This IS yummy! and so easy! I will use much less salt next time tho. I used a scant teaspoon and it was still to salty for me. Made for ZWT6.
The name of the recipe says it all! This truly is a yummy hummus recipe. I made it with the optional chili powder, which gave it just the perfect touch of chili flavor. I needed to add a little (tablespoon or so) of olive oil to thin to my preferred consistancy. I can't wait to try it with some roasted garlic or roasted peppers for a different taste. I served it with carrots, but I think this would also be a great sandwich spread. Thanks for posting!
You've struck an artful balance between delicious and delicious. ;-)