Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my favorite after-a-hard-day-at-the-office meal. Throw the stuff in the oven, get the veggies started, and then relax! Read a book, or play with the kids. We all know we've earned it, right?
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a oven safe dish.
- (I usually line mine with tinfoil. Easy clean up don't ya know) Mix honey, mustard, curry powder and salt in a dish or cup.
- Pour over chicken, making sure to coat every yummy inch.
- If you like things hotter, just add more curry powder.
- Place chicken in oven, and set time for 50 minutes.
- In a new oven safe dish, mix rice and water.
- Place beside chicken in hot oven.
- When timer rings for chicken, they're both good to go.
- Rinse your frozen veggies under cold water, then place 1/4 cup of water in a pot, and place veggies in.
- Turn heat on low, and allow to boil, stirring occasionally.
- (If you actually own a steamer, use it, it's quicker.) Again, when the timer rings, veggies are good to go too.
- Note: if you like firmer veggies, start cooking veggies 10 minutes after throwing rice in the oven.
- Salt veggies only if necessary When timer rings, put everything on the table, and pretend that you have just cooked a feast for your family.
- They'll love you for it.
This was a good recipe. I wasn't sure of what kind of mustard would be best, so I used the good old plain yellow (since it's the "in" thing again") and I did extra curry powder. Very tasty, honey mustard type chicken. It was fast and easy, great for after work when you dont want to stand at the stove top to make something.
The chicken was delicious!