Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can marinate overnight and make these kabobs for an outdoor barbecue as a tasty alternative to the usual barbecue fare! Fresh mushrooms and cherry tomatoes can also be used. (This can also be done in the broiler.)"
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
We enjoyed these slightly sweet kabobs! Thanks Trudski! Roxygirl