Recipe by greyghost
I posted this here for safe keeping - this recipe has been in my family for years - these are the BEST potatoes - if having with gravy leave cheese off top if you prefer. If having with ham or no gravy - add shredded cheddar to the top - EXCELLENT!!!!
Top Review by Studentchef
These are really good and creamy! I find that the use of sour cream andcream cheese adds really good texture and taste to the potatoes. I skipped the whole cheese topping part, as I wanted the just mashed potatoes part of it.
- 9 -12 peeled and cut potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and mash potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Put in casserole dish and add extra shredded cheddar on top if prefer.
- Place in oven to melt top layer of cheese - 350 degrees.
- Can be made a day ahead and reheated about 30 mins at 350 degrees - this is what I prefer to do - makes all the flavors blend together.
- Can add more or less sour cream and cream cheese as prefer.