Recipe by katie in the UP
I found this recipe in the Holiday edition of Pillsbury cookbook. (the small ones at the check out stand!) I've made some small changes to lower the fat content just a bit!
Top Review by Chef PotPie
This was so easy and so good for our weekly Friday Night Neighbor Get-Together. Everyone loved it, the crust cooked up just perfectly, and it cut easily. This would be a great potluck dish! It was also beautiful! I did use 1/2 pepper-jack cheese to give it a little bit of a kick, and I will keep it that way. Thanks, Katie!
- 1 medium onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 2 (786.69 g) canrefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 226.79 g thinly sliced cooked chicken
- 85.04 g turkey pepperoni, thinly sliced (approx 40 pieces)
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400º.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a non stick skillet spray veggie cooking spray and add onions and peppers; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Unroll 1 can of dough; place in pan starting at center, press out dough just to the edge of the pan (do not go up the sides).
- Spread mustard over dough.
- Top evenly with chicken, pepperoni, onion mixture and cheese.
- Unroll remaining can of dough over cheese, stretching to edges.
- In a small bowl, beat egg; brush over top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly heated.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 pieces to serve.