I found this recipe in the Holiday edition of Pillsbury cookbook. (the small ones at the check out stand!) I've made some small changes to lower the fat content just a bit!
- 1 medium onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 2 (13 7/8 ounce) cansrefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced cooked chicken
- 3 ounces turkey pepperoni, thinly sliced (approx 40 pieces)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 400º.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a non stick skillet spray veggie cooking spray and add onions and peppers; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Unroll 1 can of dough; place in pan starting at center, press out dough just to the edge of the pan (do not go up the sides).
- Spread mustard over dough.
- Top evenly with chicken, pepperoni, onion mixture and cheese.
- Unroll remaining can of dough over cheese, stretching to edges.
- In a small bowl, beat egg; brush over top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly heated.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 pieces to serve.