1/4 Photos of Yummy Hero Sandwiches
katie in the UP's Note:
I found this recipe in the Holiday edition of Pillsbury cookbook. (the small ones at the check out stand!) I've made some small changes to lower the fat content just a bit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 2 (13 7/8 ounce) cans refrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked chicken
- 3 ounces turkey pepperoni, thinly sliced (approx 40 pieces)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1Heat oven to 400º.
- 2Grease 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a non stick skillet spray veggie cooking spray and add onions and peppers; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- 4Unroll 1 can of dough; place in pan starting at center, press out dough just to the edge of the pan (do not go up the sides).
- 5Spread mustard over dough.
- 6Top evenly with chicken, pepperoni, onion mixture and cheese.
- 7Unroll remaining can of dough over cheese, stretching to edges.
- 8In a small bowl, beat egg; brush over top.
- 9Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 10Bake 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly heated.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes.
- 12Cut into 8 pieces to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Hero Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.4 mg
- Sodium 447.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust