Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a healthy apple pie that can be made with no sugar or butter, but most people like it better than the sugared version.
- 4 -5 good quality cooking apples
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- pie crust, for top and bottom
- Peel and slice apples thinly. Mix with all other filling ingredients and put into unbaked pie crust; cover with top crust and seal. Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour.