Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick easy main dish.
- 1 lb frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease large pie plate and press hashbrowns into pan to form a crust. Drizzle butter on the hashbrowns and bake until the hashbrowns start to brown.
- Brown ground beef with onions. Drain.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and pour into hashbrown crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
This is a good base recipe. I used puff pastry instead of hash browns for the crust, but kept everything else the same as written. It took closer to 45 minutes to cook and ended up more like a meat pie than a quiche. My husband called it a meat loaf pie. I seasoned the meat with steak seasoning while browning and really liked the flavor the worcestershire's added. Next time I may use less meat and more eggs and I'll definately add some veggies. Thanks for posting!
This was an easy and budget-friendly dish. I made it almost exactly as stated, except I didn't have worcestershire sauce on hand. The hashbrowns did not brown by the time the meat was ready, so I put the oven broiler on for a few minutes to brown part of the top. I shredded carrots, celery, garlic into the meat. I also only used 1/2-3/4 pound of ground beef. My husband is a picky eater and he dislikes any "egg bakes" so I thought he wouldn't like it, to my surprise, he loved it! I served it with a garden salad and bread, yummy! It is a keeper :)