Recipe by QueenJellyBean
A quick easy main dish.
Top Review by Motivated Mama
This is a good base recipe. I used puff pastry instead of hash browns for the crust, but kept everything else the same as written. It took closer to 45 minutes to cook and ended up more like a meat pie than a quiche. My husband called it a meat loaf pie. I seasoned the meat with steak seasoning while browning and really liked the flavor the worcestershire's added. Next time I may use less meat and more eggs and I'll definately add some veggies. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease large pie plate and press hashbrowns into pan to form a crust. Drizzle butter on the hashbrowns and bake until the hashbrowns start to brown.
- Brown ground beef with onions. Drain.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and pour into hashbrown crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.