Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great sandwich to make during cold weather to accompany a hot bowl of soup! The green chili/mayo/mustard spread is my favorite part.
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 slices rye bread
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- 10 slices cooked beef
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Combine chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 tablespoons on one side of each slice of bread.
- Top half of the bread with one slice of cheese and two slices of beef. Cover with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of bread.
- Grill sandwiches on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa or picante sauce, if desired.
Great! I had to substitute white bread instead of rye/medical requiremt/provolone cheese or swiss cheese. My hubby is rejoicing! He can have meat again..beef! Love the taste and fast! Great sauce combo!
One of my favorites since 2000 when I first saw it in TOH Quick Cooking. So glad you posted, it reminded me I haven't made one in a while so guess what I'm about to do...TFS