Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from allrecipes.com It sounds really good! I'm sure you could use fresh green beans as well!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 (15 ounce) cans green beans
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain off all but a thin coating of the grease.
- Add onions to the skillet; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes, stirring to remove any stuck on bits of bacon from the bottom of the skillet.
- Drain two cans of the beans, leave the liquid in the other two; pour into the skillet.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
The bacon in this really lifts and combines the flavours of the beans and the tomatoes well, and a very tasty result it is too. I omitted the onion because I simply wasn't in an onion mood today but feel that it would be delicious either way. I used fresh beans that I boiled until just bearly cooked though, we like a little crunch to our vegetables. Please see my rating system: 4 excellent stars for an easy and tasty dish that I will be very happy indeed to make again. Thanks !
Yes, these are yummy! I made them exactly as directed, except that I added a little garlic powder to them. Very easy and tasty. Thanks Jen.