Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great granola recipe, I sometimes half it, but when I make the entire recipe it lasts along time. Which is good for those mornings when I have no time for breakfast!
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 7 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped almonds or 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 2 cups raisins or 2 cups chopped dates
- In a large skillet, heat the honey,oil, and vanilla over low heat until mixture is thin. Stir in the rest of the ingredients except raisins and dates.
- Stir well until the dry ingredients are well-coated.
- Place the cereal in a large shallow pan or on a baking sheet. Bake until brown in 300' oven, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and mix in fruit.
- I stir the mixture under the grill or broil stirring it round till all is golden crisp, then I pour that mixture into a bowl adding melted honey and lecithin (optional) to make a granola bar. Keep in fridge.