Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I know there are lots of other goulash recipes out there, but I particularly like this one because of the bacon and kidney beans. It doesn't call for any particular seasoning, but I like to add Italian seasoning and minced garlic. I also like to double the recipe and freeze 1 dish for a later date, although doubling this recipe is hard to do unless you have a really large pot! If you choose to freeze it, I would do so prior to baking.
- 59.14 ml bacon
- 680.38 g ground beef or 680.38 g ground turkey
- 2 green peppers, cut up
- 2 large onions
- 793.78 g can tomatoes (I like diced)
- 793.78 g can tomato sauce
- 425.24 g can kidney beans
- 170.09 g can mushrooms, drained (I used 1/2 cup fresh)
- 473.18 ml uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml italian seasoning (estimate)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (estimate)
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Fry bacon and cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef/turkey, onions, and green peppers in a large skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, mushrooms, Italian Seasoning, and garlic.
- Cover and cook at medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and cooked macaroni.
- Place in lightly-greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.