Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got the idea off of Econobusters, but changed it so much that it's pretty much my own now. For the GF flour mix, I use Gluten Free Flour Blend (with almond meal as the last ingredient - so there is some protein that doesn't show up in the nutrition). It rises really well, but needs to cool for awhile before eating.
- 709.77 ml pumpkin puree (not the pie filling stuff, just pumpkin)
- 78.07 ml olive oil or 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml honey
- 118.29 ml sugar or 118.29 ml sucanat
- 946.36 ml gluten-free flour, mix
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 14.78 ml xanthan gum
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.78 ml pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease muffin tins.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, oil, eggs and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones, just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 35-40 minutes for regular sized muffins, 25-30 for mini muffins.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes in pan, then turn out onto cookie racks and cool completely before cutting and/or eating.
I tried these this morning. I traded out the 1 cup of honey with 1/2 cup agave nectar & they are really good. Also had to improvise the pumpkin pie spice with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves & a bit of ginger. The texture & flavor were great even though they didn't rise much. They will be a perfect present for a friend of mine who is gluten intolerant!! I also think adding raisins would punch it up a notch IF you liked them.