1/2 Photos of Yummy Ginger Biscuits
I found this on the back of a packet of crystallised ginger I bought a while ago. They are really good, but definitely a biscuit designed for those who really love ginger!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160C, and line a tray with baking paper.
- 2Sift the flour and ground ginger into a large bowl. Add the crystallised ginger.
- 3Melt the butter, sugar and golden/maple syrup in a saucepan on medium heat, or in the microwave in 30 second bursts, mixing in between. Allow the mixture to come to the boil.
- 4Add melted butter, sugar and syrup to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5Roll 1 tbs of the mixture at a time into balls, then flatten slightly and place on the tray.
- 6Brush each biscuit with a small amount of water on a pastry brush, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 7Place tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- 8Cool on a wire rack, though I think these taste best when still warm!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Ginger Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 81.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: