Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on the back of a packet of crystallised ginger I bought a while ago. They are really good, but definitely a biscuit designed for those who really love ginger!
- Preheat oven to 160C, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and ground ginger into a large bowl. Add the crystallised ginger.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden/maple syrup in a saucepan on medium heat, or in the microwave in 30 second bursts, mixing in between. Allow the mixture to come to the boil.
- Add melted butter, sugar and syrup to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll 1 tbs of the mixture at a time into balls, then flatten slightly and place on the tray.
- Brush each biscuit with a small amount of water on a pastry brush, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, though I think these taste best when still warm!
Great biscuits Sooty Cat. I love ginger, and think that these are the bomb. They were good warm but I preferred them cold. Nice and crunchy, the perfect accompaniment for my nice cup of hot tea. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will make again. They were really quick and easy to make. Made for Spring Pac/12
I am a ginger lover and I loved this recipe. Lovely spicey biscuits. Did'nt get a chance to go cold. Had with coffee with family . This is the 2nd recipe from PAC 08.