Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I think this is very good for a winter potluck! Time does NOT include chilling time.
Make and share this Yummy Gelatin Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) can ginger ale
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- In a saucepan, bring the applesauce to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Slowly add ginger ale and pineapple.
- Pour into a 2-qt. bowl.
- Chill until set.
- Garnish with apple slices.
First I must say that I ran into a very unexpected ingredient problem. My local store doesn't carry 8 oz cans of pineapple or crushed pineapple in any size at all. Can we all say shocked? SO, I used frozen mixed berries instead and it was wonderful. I used it for dessert. I love the light tang that ginger ale gives gelatin and the cherry/berry flavor is a natural blend. I used diet Jello and soda as well as unsweetened applesauce and berries. YUMM!