Recipe by NC Gal
Not sure where I got this recipe--cut it from a box or can of something. I have been making it for over 15 years and always hear "yummy" from someone when they are eating it!
Top Review by PM Chef
I made this same recipe from the Eagle Brand classic recipes cookbook. The only differences, I used butter instead of margarine and I used a square of unsweetened bakers chocolate in place of the cocoa powder. This cake is moist, flavorful and easy to make. It reminds me of a black bottom cheesecake. Yummy!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) canof eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- To make cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake mix as package directs.
- Pour batter into well greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, margarine and cornstarch until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk then egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over cake batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool thoroughly and then glaze.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in cocoa and water.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens--DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and beat with wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour over cooled cake and store cake covered in refrigerator.