1 hr 5 mins
NC Gal's Note:
Not sure where I got this recipe--cut it from a box or can of something. I have been making it for over 15 years and always hear "yummy" from someone when they are eating it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can of eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1To make cake:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Prepare cake mix as package directs.
- 4Pour batter into well greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- 5In small bowl, beat cream cheese, margarine and cornstarch until fluffy.
- 6Gradually beat in condensed milk then egg and vanilla until smooth.
- 7Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over cake batter.
- 8Bake 50 to 55 minutes until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 9Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- 10Cool thoroughly and then glaze.
- 12Melt margarine in small saucepan over low heat.
- 13Stir in cocoa and water.
- 14Cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens--DO NOT BOIL.
- 15Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 16Gradually add confectioners' sugar and beat with wire whisk until smooth.
- 17Pour over cooled cake and store cake covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Fudge Ribbon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.0
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 611.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 56.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g