Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an attempt to re-create a fruit salad given to me by my neighbor when we moved in. I didn't have a recipe, so I just guessed and I think mine may have even been better. You can play around with the ingredients adding what you like. Some amounts are approximates. It will taste good however it is put together I think. Make sure all canned fruits are drained well. I keep the juices in a ziplock in the freezer to use for smoothies later.
- 1 (11 ounce) can peaches, cut into chunks
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (6 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2 apples, cut into small pieces
- red seedless grapes
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (6 ounce) container yogurt (I used Yoplai peach)
- 1⁄3 of a container french vanilla cool whip
- 2 table spoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Place can of coconut milk and yogurt into bowl.
- Add sugar and lime juice. Whisk till smooth. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Taste and if not sweet enough add more sugar or even honey if you like it.
- Drain all of the fruit and place in bowl. Mix well and place in fridge.
This was good! We really liked the flavor of the coconut in this but I wish I'd used regular Cool Whip instead of the vanilla.
This was great. I liked the flavor of the coconut milk and the brown sugar. It worked very good together. I used regular cool whip and it turned out fantastic. My wife even liked it and she doesn't care for fruit salad at all. I will make this again for our family reunion.