Recipe by Charlotte J
I combined 2 recipes to come up with this. The 8 young people that were here last night loved it.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package Pillsbury sugar cookie dough or 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- fresh fruit, strawberries, bananas, blueberries, pineapples, maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out cookie dough flat onto a prepared greased cookie sheet.
- I used my 12 inch pizza stone.
- Bake by instructions.
- This is very good with a chewy texture.
- Be sure not to over bake.
- Mix in a mixer cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Slice the assorted fruit while cookie is baking.
- Allow cookie to cool then spread cream cheese over dough.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese.
- Combine orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and corn starch in a sauce pan.
- Cook on low until thickened.
- Once sauce is thickened allow to cool completely before pouring over fruit pizza.
- Serve right away if you have 8 hungry teenagers standing around.
- Or refrigerate several hours before serving.