8 hrs 10 mins
This is my take on the recipe that is usually printed on the box of Acini de Pepi. It has become one of our favorites. I even will eat the left-overs for breakfast. You can substitute the mandarin orange juice instead of the pineapple juice. Prep time includes letting it set overnight in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained reserving juice
- 1 can pineapple chunk, drained reserving juice
- 1 3/4 cups reserved pineapple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (16 ounce) box acini di pepe pasta, cooked and drained
- 1Cook sugar, salt, eggs, flour and pineapple juice until thick and bubbly, cool.
- 2When cooked mixture is fully cooled, pour over pasta.
- 3Mix well, cover and store in fridge overnight.
- 4In the morning, add fruit, Cool Whip and marshmallows.
- 5Mix well.
Browse Our Top Tropical Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Fruit 'n' Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 935.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 312.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 183.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 112.0 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: