Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have only made these muffins with raspberries, but you could use apples, peaches, blueberries, etc. Make sure to use regular sour cream, not low-fat or non-fat as it really does make all the difference in the taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In food processor, combine the sugar, egg, sour cream, and oil.
- Pulse until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt.
- Add to the food processor and pulse just to blend.
- Fold in fruit.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin cups, filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
These were great! I used FF sour cream and for half of the flour, I used whole wheat flour. I put in about 1.5 cups of those frozen mixed berries from Costco. Yummy!
These muffins were amazing! I took some to work and they loved them. I came home and only two out of 10 muffins were left and the kids were fighting over who would eat the last two for breakfast. A guest ate some and asked for the recipe right away. They are just great! The only thing I did was added one small container of sugarless applesauce and 2 cups of blueberries which I left whole and did not chop. The kids are asking me to make more for tomorrow. :-)
Thank you Juenessa!
I am all about more fruit, so I used 1 1/2 cup blackberries. Next time I make these I will use 2 cups fruit. I only had low fat sour cream on hand and let me tell you they still tasted great. I will try them again with regular sour cream. This made 12 large muffins and 9 mini's but that might be because of the extra fruit. These were so good, they are added to the vault! Thanks Juenessa for a great recipe we will make again and again.