Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mmmmmmmm--very creamy dip with a caramel taste to it.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- fresh fruit, for dipping (fresh apple slices, peach slices, pear slices, pineapple chunks, etc.)
- Combine cream cheese and brown sugar, beating till smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Cover and chill at least an hour.
- Makes 3-1/2 cups.
This was excellent. The consistency was perfect for dipping fruit; not too watery, and not too thick. I served it with strawberries, water melon, bananas, grapes and pineapple chunks. I also stirred in an 8 oz bag of Heath Mlk Chocolate Toffee Bits, which added a delicious crunch to every bite. It made a LOT of dip, and every bit of it disappeared!
Absolutely wonderful. I'm on a diet...well, I've decided to permanently change my eating habits for better health! LOL I decided to take a huge bowl of cut strawberries and grapes. My husband balked so I decided to whip up a dip and looked online. I had all of the ingredients in the house, so I tried it. There was a bit of dip left over and I couldn't get my four kids AND my husband out of it! Thanks for the post.
Who needs fruit! I could eat this right out of the bowl!!! I've tasted many variations of fruit dip but particularly liked the vanilla pudding that is added to this. An added plus is, I mixed this all up in the morning and it keeps very well until you are ready to serve. I served this with a variety of fruits and it made a beautiful presentation. My strawberries weren't very good, but who cares, when you dip them in such a wonderful dip, ha, ha, ha. Thanks Darlene Summers, for sharing this with us.