Recipe by Indigo!
Had a craving for carnival food, and this came to mind. As featured in Cookie Magazine, Summer '07! I personally cannot wait to try this at home!!
- 2 ripe but firm bananas
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped or 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal, chopped or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup candy sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the bananas in half and insert a Popsicle stick into each half. Place them on the baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the oil in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave (check it every 30 seconds) or in a half-full pan of simmering water (about 2 minutes). Stir until smooth.
- Roll each banana half in the chocolate, then quickly sprinkle with your topping (if using).
- Freeze until the chocolate sets, 30 minutes. Serve or freeze in an airtight container for up to a week.