Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Had a craving for carnival food, and this came to mind. As featured in Cookie Magazine, Summer '07! I personally cannot wait to try this at home!!
- 2 ripe but firm bananas
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped or 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal, chopped or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup candy sprinkles (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the bananas in half and insert a Popsicle stick into each half. Place them on the baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the oil in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave (check it every 30 seconds) or in a half-full pan of simmering water (about 2 minutes). Stir until smooth.
- Roll each banana half in the chocolate, then quickly sprinkle with your topping (if using).
- Freeze until the chocolate sets, 30 minutes. Serve or freeze in an airtight container for up to a week.
Super delicious! My kids loved making these, and they were so easy. Thanks for the great recipe, we'll be making these again!
Yummy- these were good. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't use any of the optional items. I only had four ounces of milk chocolate chips so used them and only one tablespoon of canola oil. We enjoyed these but next time I would follow another reviewers advice and let the bananas freeze overnight so they also would be frozen. Great yummy treat that is easy to make.
Yum, rolled mine in chopped dry roasted peanuts.