Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is kind of a mix between chinese and vietnamese fried rice.
- 1 1⁄4 cups jasmine rice
- 250 g diced bacon
- 1 diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 diced brown onion
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Boil rice. Drain thoroughly and set aside for 30-40 minutes.
- Boil peas and carrot. Drain and set aside.
- Cook diced bacon and onion in frypan. When cooked, move to one side of the pan. Crack egg on empty side of frypan. Gently use a fork to mix the egg as it cooks. When egg is cooked use spatula to mush up egg so it is in small pieces. Mix egg into onion and bacon.
- Add rice, peas and carrot to the frypan. I don't use oil to fry my rice as I find it to fatty. Mix all ingredients together. Turn frypan down to 1/4 heat.
- Mix honey, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a cup/bowl. Make sure you mix it well.
- Add the sauce mixture to fried rice. turn the sauce into the fried rice. (rice that has the sauce on it will discolour slightly). When mixed rice is ready to eat.