Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple,Simple,simple that's all I can say. The soup crocks come out 2 times a year.(Thanksgiving and Christmas) It is worth the wait!
- 3 -4 large Spanish onions
- 6 (14 ounce) cans low sodium beef broth
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth (regular)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 -4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, maranade
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 slice muenster cheese
- Thinly slice onions(rings).
- In 3 quart pot, melt butter.
- saute onions until translucent.
- add cans of broth and teriaki sauce.
- bring to boil,simmer for 45 minutes.
- Fill crock with hot soup, float a 1 inch slice of French bread, put 1 slice of each, swiss, provolone and munster cheese. (optional any cheese will do) put in a 400 degree oven until cheese is melted and soup is bubbly.
Delisious~ We like the flavorers of this different onion soup. I chose to add some brown sugar to our soup.