Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great way to get a healthy dose of Omega 3s! These pancakes have a delicious, nutty, buttermilk taste.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Stir in egg, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until blended but don't over beat.
- Spray griddle with butter-flavored pan.
- Scoop pancake batter out by 1/4 cups.
- Cook pancake on griddle until bubbly, then flip.
Tip: buy whole flaxseeds and grind them up in your food processor or coffee grinder for ground flaxseeds. Then, keep them in the refridgerator for about three weeks as they get rancid quite quickly. You can also buy flaxmeal at stores, which is just flaxseeds already ground up for you.
Pick Your Chef Recipe... I am sorry, these were just ok, I guess I was expecting a traditional pancake and it wasn't, I didn't HATE them but they were not my favourite, but I am going to make them again and see what happens, sometimes you just need to aquire a taste.