Recipe by Louise Mann
Yummy Fish Pie
Top Review by **Mandy**
I had 2 small fish fillets to stretch & made this recipe without the potato top.. I added some peas along with the onion & carrot and some leftover zucchini I had on hand. Quite a nice dinner with some salad..my first time making fish pie..thanks for posting!
- 500 g fish, cut into cubes (fresh and/or smoked fish)
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 300 ml cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- olive oil
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onions and carrots and gently cook in a pan with a little olive oil until softened.
- Reduce the heat and add the cream, seeded mustard, parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
- Boil potatoes until nearly cooked.
- Add the eggs to the water to hard boil.
- This saves another pot.
- The spinach needs to be washed and cooked so this can also be done with the same pot.
- Simply put spinach into a steamer and place over boiling water.
- Put cubed fish into a deep dish.
- Add roughly chopped spinach and hard boiled eggs.
- Pour the cream sauce evenly over.
- Mash potatoes using lots of salt and pepper to give flavor and olive oil instead of milk This will make the topping really crispy.
- Pile potaroes on top of the fish and bake at 180 until hot and crispy.
- Enjoy and try with a nice drop of Sauvignon Blanc.