A real treat! I was looking for recipes this morning to use Eggnog in, and the majority of them were for things like French toast. I went to the kitchen to make scrambled eggs and used eggnog rather than milk. Turned out AMAZING and will be a regular seasonal treat in my house. Actually, they ended up being far fluffier than my normal scrambled eggs, too. Try it! Tell me what you think [but the kids will love it ;) ]
- Heat your Seasoned iron skillet to medium heat.
- In a bowl, crack 4 eggs and beat/mix well.
- Add eggnog (I didn't measure, I just poured what I'm assuming was 1/3 cup. May have been more), and beat together well.
- Once skillet is good and hot, slowly pour egg mixture into skillet and let sit for a few seconds until the bottom is set.
- With a metal spatula, scrape the cooked egg off the bottom of the pan and create a pile in the center making room for more liquid egg to cook. Over stirring leads to smaller pieces of eggs, and reduces the fluff dramatically.
- Continue this way until all the liquid egg has cooked.
- Continue tossing egg bits until throughly cooked.
- Serve topped with a few dashes of ground cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg and a quick swirl of honey (it really only takes a LITTLE swirl).