Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy, slightly spiced pancakes. If you make them a bit bigger than described, kids like them with Nutella, Peanut butter, etc...spread on them and rolled up. :)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or vegetable oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (white if it's the only thing you have --)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup self rising flour
- Mix all ingredients with the exception of the flour.
- mix in flour, stir all the lumps out.
- heat a bit of butter in a pan on medium heat.
- pour batter into pan using a 1/4 measuring cup(Makes prettier pancakes! lol).
- flip when bubbles appear on the top of batter.
- continue until all batter used up.
these were very bland with hardly to no flavor at all and would not make them again anytime soon. my boys didn't like them at all and told me to make them something else this morning.
These were very delicious, but a little thin, more like crepes. I liked them very much the next day with cream cheese and nut butter. Yum. (I added a little more flour to the last half of the batch.)
Excellent! Moist and tender, spice was subtle and good. My boys ate almost their whole pancake! Thanks for this recipe, needed to make pancakes but only had self-rising flour left. Much appreciated :)