Recipe by Sonya01
yummy drummyies mmmmmmm
Top Review by jnpj
Wow! This meal was amazing. I knew when I saw all of the ingredients I would love it. I wanted it to be a bit spicy and didn't have any Tabasco sauce so I threw in a couple teaspoons of crushed red chillies. The marinade is so good! It thickens up nicely during baking as well. The dip is amazing too and really complimented the sauce. I am absolutely positive that this is something I will have cravings for quite frequently. Thanks so much for the delicious recipe!
- 125 ml tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 drop red Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 8 about 900g small chicken drumsticks
- 65 g sour cream
- 65 g whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomato sauce, garlic, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and oil in a small bowl. Stir in the Tabasco, if desired. Place the drumsticks and tomato-sauce mixture in a large glass or ceramic bowl and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a large baking tray with foil. Place a wire rack on the prepared tray. Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and reserve marinade. Arrange drumsticks, in a single layer, on the wire rack.
- Get a grown-up to: Bake in oven, brushing with the reserved marinade halfway through cooking, for 40 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and chives in a small serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until required.
- Divide drumsticks among serving bowls and serve with the chive dip.