Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
I got this recipe from Diabetic Cooking magazine. The exchanges are diabetic exchanges. Looks great and I can't wait to try this one. Dietary exchanges - 1 starch
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, milk and extract with mixer at low speed to mix.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- With oiled hands, shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place balls of dough 2 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each one slightly and top with a cherry half in the center of the cookie.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until cookies loose their shininess.
- Tops will just begin to crack at this point.
- Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Heat white chocolate chips and oil in microwave for 30 seconds, stir.
- Continue to heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- With a spoon, drizzle white chocolate over cookies back and forth to make a pretty pattern.
- Allow melted chocolate to set before serving.
These were easy to make and turned out very pretty! Very tasty too! Made as posted and this will be on my cookie tray every Christmas from now on! Thanks for posting Mysterygirl.
I tagged this recipe for Zaar Tag and I had a hard time finding the 8 ounce boxes of sugar free cake mixes so I used a regular size cake mix. When mixing the batter I added enough milk to make a thicker mixture, almost a brownie type batter. Added a teaspoon of Amaretto for the almond extract and used whole cherries to put in the middle of the cookies. These baked up nicely, crackled, and were very rich and good. The white chocolate I put in a ziploc baggie and melted in the microwave. Snipped the corner of the baggie and decorated the cookies. I am sure these will be wonderful cookies when using the sugar free cake mix! Thank you Mysterygirl for posting this recipe.