Recipe by Mysterygirl
I got this recipe from Diabetic Cooking magazine. The exchanges are diabetic exchanges. Looks great and I can't wait to try this one. Dietary exchanges - 1 starch
Top Review by ElaineAnn
These were easy to make and turned out very pretty! Very tasty too! Made as posted and this will be on my cookie tray every Christmas from now on! Thanks for posting Mysterygirl.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesugar-free low-fat chocolate cake mix
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 maraschino cherries, drained and cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, milk and extract with mixer at low speed to mix.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- With oiled hands, shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place balls of dough 2 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each one slightly and top with a cherry half in the center of the cookie.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until cookies loose their shininess.
- Tops will just begin to crack at this point.
- Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Heat white chocolate chips and oil in microwave for 30 seconds, stir.
- Continue to heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- With a spoon, drizzle white chocolate over cookies back and forth to make a pretty pattern.
- Allow melted chocolate to set before serving.