I don't remember where this recipe came from but your dog is going to love it.
Make and share this Yummy Doggie Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Chopped Liver:.
- Boil liver until it look gray and rubbery.
- (You can microwave it on high for approximately 8 minutes.).
- Chop into small pieces.
- Store in airtight containers in fridge.
- Sift flour into bowl and cut in butter.
- Add chopped liver.
- Stir in milk and enough water to make a sticky dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface.
- Knead quickly and lightly until dough is smooth.
- Press dough out evenly to about 2 cm (3/4 inch) and cut into rounds.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.
Maxx and Suki said that these should be rated 100 stars. They both absolutely LOVED these special little treats. I used chicken livers and chicken stock. I mixed the milk and chicken stock together and then added it to the flour mixture. I added some more chicken stock until I got the dough to the right consistency. I used a heart shaped cookie cutter and baked them for about 20 minutes. I doubled the recipe and ended up with about 6 1/2 dozen yummy little treats for my two special babies. Maxx, Suki and I thank you very much for sharing such a delightful recipe. Made for May, 2008 Bevy Tag.
it didn't say what to do with the chicken stock so I boiled the liver in the stock, I also added in some garlic powder to the stock, I made these for my 7 month old British Bulldog and he loved them, thank you for this great doggie treat Dorit!
My doggies loved these, but I had some problems with the recipe. That's why the four stars. I wasn't sure what to do with the chicken stock. So I used it to boil the liver. While chopping the parsley I wasn't sure when to add it so did it during step #8 with the chopped liver. While adding the milk I noticed that I had to add about 1/2 cup water. Was this where the stock was to go? All came out well. The dogs really enjoyed them. Made a nice Christmas treat. They really are like scones. Soft to the touch, I would have let DH try one, but... with the bone shape I don't think I could have pulled it off. LOL Thanks for posting. :)