Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
I don't remember where this recipe came from but your dog is going to love it.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
it didn't say what to do with the chicken stock so I boiled the liver in the stock, I also added in some garlic powder to the stock, I made these for my 7 month old British Bulldog and he loved them, thank you for this great doggie treat Dorit!
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup chicken livers or 1 cup beef liver, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 ounce butter or 1 ounce margarine
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Chopped Liver:.
- Boil liver until it look gray and rubbery.
- (You can microwave it on high for approximately 8 minutes.).
- Chop into small pieces.
- Store in airtight containers in fridge.
- Sift flour into bowl and cut in butter.
- Add chopped liver.
- Stir in milk and enough water to make a sticky dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface.
- Knead quickly and lightly until dough is smooth.
- Press dough out evenly to about 2 cm (3/4 inch) and cut into rounds.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.