Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my favorite deviled egg recipes. Cook time is for egg boiling.
- 12 extra large eggs, hard boiled, cooled and peeled
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, can use low-fat
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- paprika, sprinkle for garnish
- Slice eggs lengthwise and carefully remove yolks. Place yolks in a mixing bowl and whites on a platter.
- Mash yolks with a fork or potato masher.
- Mash in the mayo, mustard, relish, dill weed, pepper and salt.
- Pipe/spoon this filling into the yolk cavities of the egg whites.
- Lightly sprinkle w/ paprika for garnish.
Great eggs! The sweet relish and the dill was a nice contrast. The mustard/mayo ratio was just right and we really enjoyed these - thanks for sharing the recipe!
These were just okay for me and dh. I made these exact and they were just a little too bland. I was hoping the added dill would give it more of a bite, but I didn't notice much coming from it. I would have perferred more relish. I think it is a great base but I would like them kicked up a notch.