1/48 Photos of Yummy Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Wendy W88's Note:
My grandmother gave me this apple pie recipe after she made it for me during a visit about 5 years ago. I like to use Granny Smith apples, leave the peel on, and cut slices that are a little thick, but do whatever you wish! This is a very good pie and I'm always asked to make it! Thanks, Grandma!! (Very good served with vanilla ice cream!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pastry for single-crust pie
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Prepare pastry for single-crust pie, being careful not to stretch dough too much.
- 2Place in pie plate and trim and crimp the edge.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- 4Add apple slices and gently toss until they are coated well.
- 5Transfer mixture to pie.
- 6FOR CRUMB TOPPING: Stir together brown sugar, flour, and oats.
- 7Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until topping resembles coarse crumbs.
- 8Sprinkle over apple mixture in pie.
- 9To prevent over-browning while baking, cover edge of pie with foil.
- 10Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- 11Remove foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes more, or until top is golden.
- 12Remove from oven.
- 13Drizzle top with caramel topping; sprinkle with pecans.
- 14Cool on wire rack and serve!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 182.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 49.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g