I had never had "fresh cranberry sauce" before I tried this, it was delicious. I got the basic idea of the recipe out of a magazine, but added the apple, and orange to add to the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups white zinfandel wine
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 piece orange rind (a 3x2-inch piece)
- 1 granny smith apple (peeled and cored & diced)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (orange sections cut in half)
- 1 (1 lb) bag fresh cranberries
- 1In a sauce pan add sugar, brown sugar, the spices, orange peel, and wine.
- 2Stir together, and cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved, and ingredients make a"syrup".
- 3Strain off spices (You can if preferred put spices in a piece of cheese cloth, and make a spice bag, then just remove the bag). Wash cranberries in a colander under cold water, and drain.
- 4Add the apple, the mandarin oranges, and the cranberries to the syrup, and cook over medium heat until the cranberries "pop".
- 5Cool and serve.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 60.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white zinfandel wine