Recipe by chefnicole
Full of veggies and good stuff....you can't go wrong with this one! Make sure you try it with the sauce, its to die for!
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 egg
- 10 g lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- mustard (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon relish
Directions See How It's Made
- saute peppers, celery and onion in butter for 5 mins, then cool slightly.
- combine the rest of the ingredients, except the crab meat, into a medium sized bowl.
- stir in the sauteed veggies.
- check the crab meat for shells, bones, etc.
- using fingers, blend in the crabmeat to the breadcrumb mixture.
- shape into cakes.
- chill in the fridge for at least an hour, or overnight is okay.
- fry in a greased pan until golden brown, or for a healthier option, broil in oven for 3-4 mins per side.
- For the sauce:.
- Simply mix all of the ingredients together until taste is to your liking.