Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made this up when I wanted something easy, different but not exotic for a dinner party. My family all love it. Make sure you use a smoked type ham. Honey ham just doesnt taste as good. Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slices of thin provolone cheese
- 6 slices thin hickory smoked ham (from the deli)
- dried parsley (or fresh)
- garlic powder
- basic spaghetti sauce (I use the jar stuff)
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound them to about 1/2 inch thick Place 2 slices of cheese and one slice of ham over the"wrong" side (the part without the shiny membrane) of the chicken.
- Roll it up as tight as you can, it doesnt have to be perfect, and"stitch" it shut with a toothpick.
- Mix your breadcrumbs with the parsley, garlic powder, salt& pepper.
- Roll the chicken in the crumbs, make sure everything is coated.
- Pour your sauce in an appropriate sized baking dish and place the chicken on top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Everything was great about this chicken except for the combination of smoked ham and marinara. The flavors didn't really go together in my opinion. I will definitely make this again but without the marinara. Thank you.
Very good and easy too. I used italian bread crumbs and slices of maple ham from the deli. I wasn't sure about the maple ham, but it tasted great! I will be making again. Thanks!
I made this exactly as the recipe stated. It was very good. My family loved it. It looked great too. I will definitely make it again.