Recipe by CookbookCarrie
I made this up when I wanted something easy, different but not exotic for a dinner party. My family all love it. Make sure you use a smoked type ham. Honey ham just doesnt taste as good. Enjoy!
Top Review by Katanashrp
Everything was great about this chicken except for the combination of smoked ham and marinara. The flavors didn't really go together in my opinion. I will definitely make this again but without the marinara. Thank you.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slices of thin provolone cheese
- 6 slices thin hickory smoked ham (from the deli)
- dried parsley (or fresh)
- garlic powder
- basic spaghetti sauce (I use the jar stuff)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound them to about 1/2 inch thick Place 2 slices of cheese and one slice of ham over the"wrong" side (the part without the shiny membrane) of the chicken.
- Roll it up as tight as you can, it doesnt have to be perfect, and"stitch" it shut with a toothpick.
- Mix your breadcrumbs with the parsley, garlic powder, salt& pepper.
- Roll the chicken in the crumbs, make sure everything is coated.
- Pour your sauce in an appropriate sized baking dish and place the chicken on top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.